JELSA’S 2ND NORDIC WALKING FESTIVAL
The event: nordic walking, exploring Jelsa’s historic paths on foot.
Participants:: All are welcome, including pre-school children, school-age youngsters, adults, pensioners and people with handicaps.
Friday 1.10.2021 – 17:00 Nordic walking and hiking
– Walk around Jelsa’s historic paths
– Timeframe: about an hour and a half of easy walking
Saturday 2.10.2021. – 10:00 Nordic walking around Jelsa’s historic paths, as chosen by the attendees from the following three possibilities:
Nova Riva (The New Waterfront) – seaside path to the Jelsa cemetery – the Mina campsite – and back to the New Waterfront.
Easy walking, 4km, takes about 1 hour 15 minutes
Nova Riva (the New Waterfront) – through the old part of Jelsa to the Church of Our Lady’s Assumption (previously dedicated to Ss Fabian and Sebastian) – along the upper road to Račić with the Church of Our Lady of Health – down to the Mina campsite – then along the seaside promenade back to the New Waterfront.
The walk is of medium difficulty, 6km, takes about 1 hour 30 minutes
Nova Riva (the New Waterfront) – through the old part of Jelsa to Maslinica – up to the village of Pitve – back to Maslinica – then along the seaside promenade to the New Waterfront.
The walk is of medium difficulty, 8km, takes about 2 hours 30 minutes
The participation fee is 30 kunas, payable at your hotel reception or in the Jelsa Tourist Board office.
EXTRA ACTIVITIES (charged extra)
1. Workshop on how to make specialist chocolates – register with Fedra Gamulin (Čokolaterija Gamulin, Jelsa) 092 142 48 41
2. Organized visits to Hvar Island wineries and family farm units – register with the Tourist Board office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +385 (0)21 761 017
3. Olive oil tasting – Olive Mill Božić – register with Petra Balić 091 761 18 21
For further information or to register for the festival:
- + 385 (0)21 761 017
- + 385 (0)91 4200 650 Dalibor Korenić